Sunday we moved the bed from our "red room" in to her bedroom and we went shopping for her big girl bedding. Isabella enjoyed helping me pick out her bedding. I was excited for her and she in turn was super excited. We let her watch us move the bed and put on her new bedding. We just kind of played a bit and hung out on her bed and made a big deal of it.
Yesterday we tried the bed for her nap. This was her first try in it. It went surprisingly well. She went right down and about 2 minutes later she was at the door trying to open it and calling for me so I went and opened the door and told her it was night-night time and she needed to get back in her bed. She ran right back to her bed and hopped up in it and laid down. We repeated this two more times and then not a peep. I went in to wake her up at 3 because we needed to be somewhere, so I snapped a couple pictures. I was really impressed with how fast she took to it.
Our plan was to try the bed for naps for a few days and then try it for bedtime, but last night I asked her if she wanted to sleep in her crib or her big girl bed and she ran and hopped up in her bed so we figured we would let her try. We read our books in her bed and then I turned off the light and told her it was time to go to bed so she needed to lay down....and she did! We didn't hear a peep from her all night. She woke up at 6:30 (the same time she usually does) and chatted to herself for about 15 minutes until she started saying "mama" so I went in there thinking she could be anywhere and she was sitting in her bed waiting for me! Ok, so I am impressed and I hope it continues to be this easy. I was hoping the fact that she is such a slave to her routine she would just go to bed no matter where it was, but I also worried that since she is so active having the freedom to roam might be too much to resist. So we are really proud of her first day in her bed. Maybe she is just not super affected by change. She transitioned from nursing to a bottle with no issues, then from a bottle to a cup with no issues and now from a crib to a bed. Maybe as long as it serves the same function she doesn't care. :)
YAHOO!! Wow what a big girl! :) I can't believe she is big enough for a big girl bed!! Wow...maybe we will come down for a visit and see that room of hers :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so great Elizabeth!! She's doing awesome! She was more ready than you though! What a smart little girl she is!
ReplyDelete