Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Catch up for May and part of June

Well May ended up being quite the month. I sprained my back very badly on my trip to visit my friend Francene and her kids and I spent 5 weeks unable to really do my job of taking care of these kiddos. As a result, Nick worked from home a bit and my mom drove up and stayed at my in laws house to help me for a week and then we all went down to my parent's house in NC for another week so I could have help. The doctor told me I should not hold the children for 3 to 4 weeks to allow the back to heal completely. Everything is a lot better now. I am able to pick up the kids with just a little soreness so that is good considering I am alone again and have to do it all myself. Here is the photo documentary of the month of May.

Right before we went to my friends house I met my friend Sarah (a friend from GA who has now moved up to Northern VA). Isabella and Jackson enjoyed seeing each other. We met at Chick-fil-A and they played on the playground together.

Here at Francene and Brett Tucker's house in Apollo, PA (where the back pain began) on May 19th. Jack (9 months) played with his friend Jacob (11 months here). Jack wasn't able to get to sitting yet from his belly so he spent all his time army crawling around the place.


Here the next week I started feeling a little better so I started holding the kids again and doing too much, then after this I really really hurt my back I was really not able to do anything. Jack got better at walking around on his own. Here we went to the park with Katie and Gianna.

Isabella makes Jack laugh like crazy. Here is one example:

This is May 26th. We set up the ottomans in the living room so Jack could walk all around the room. He loved cruising the furniture.

On May 29th he started saying Bella. He has been saying Mama and Dada but we weren't sure if he knew what he was saying or if they were just sounds. When he started saying Bella we realized he did get it. Now he says Nonna, Bye Bye and Night Night too.

Then came June...after my back got better it got worse. My mom came up to VA for a week to help me out and then we went down to NC the next week so I would have full time help with the kids.

My dad took Isabella to a friend's pool with a couple of dogs, one is his and the other is my sister Kate's. Her son Noah was down visiting with my parents so Isabella spent the week playing with her 10 year old cousin. She loved it! It is also really exhausted her!
Jack enjoyed spending time with Grandma and Grandpa. He really started getting around. He started figuring out how to pull himself up to standing and started crawling on hands and knees. He also took his first couple steps on Monday June 7th. I think it kind of scared him. He did it twice and then he hasn't done it since.

He loved playing ball with my parent's dog Jazzy. She is crazy and will play ball with anyone who is willing.



Laying on Sully
We spent a lot of time in the back yard playing in the water and doing wood working with my dad.
Since my mom and dad were the primary caregivers since I couldn't hold them they also got the joy of being spit up on. My dad said it had been a long time since this happened. He walked in the house and he hadn't even noticed it had happened. My mom had to tell him. Pretty funny!
Jack's new Huggies jean diapers.
I think that is a long enough post, but I want to make sure to document everything. I am going to do another post to bring us up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment