Monday, August 2, 2010

And the birthdays continue

This time it was my 31st birthday.  It was sandwiched right in between Isabella's 3rd birthday (that seemed like it was never going to end) and Jack's 1st birthday.  I didn't even want to get a cake because we seriously still had Isabella's cake around from her third celebration.  Nick surprised me with a babysitter (Aunt Jenn) and a night away in Washington, DC.  We stayed at the Capitol Hilton.  It was really nice.  We spent the afternoon at the Newseum and walking the Mall.  Then we went out to dinner at The Oval Room.  It was fantastic!

Pretty great view of the Capitol from the Newseum balcony.

Walking the mall on a really nice day (without kids)
A self-portrait, trying to get the Washington Monument
Another self-portrait with a better view of the monument. We went to see the WWII monument.
Here begins a series of pictures of me actually dressed up and looking less "mommy" than usual.
It had to be overly photographed. :)


Eating a delicious beet salad.
Dessert

The day we returned was my actual birthday and Nick had to head back to NJ so I was back to my job and realizing that it was pretty sad that I didn't have a cake.  I had planned to go out for dessert with my friends Kim and Andrew.  We headed out and as soon as we reached the place, we got a call from Dani (Kim's older daughter) that Jorji (her younger one) was throwing up.  We got right back in the car and headed home.  After Kim did a little clean up and got Jorji in bed I came over and had some ice cream with candles on it, thanks to a brilliant idea from Dani. It was memorable!!

Kim and me

Blowing out my candles.
It was a fun birthday but next year I plan to have a cake all my own! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment