| This was the wall in the bathroom |
| The reclining seats and food trays |
We saw The Social Network (really good movie) and ate dinner there. They have a full menu and a bar so we enjoyed some drinks too!
| They brought us complimentary little buckets of popcorn |
After the movie we walked around the Power & Light District which is essentially a night life area. Cute restaurants and bars and you can actually walk around there with open containers so DEFINITELY a party area. There was some Bike Event (like Harley not Schwinn) going on that night. Wasn't really our scene.
| The Power and Light district |
Of course, it wouldn't be a blog post if I didn't include some cute pictures of the kiddos. I got Jack up from his nap the other day and he had taken his shirt half off. I thought that was too cute to not document.
Isabella also got some cute new sparkley black shoes that Jack really loved walking around in. They were still tied together with an elastic string, but that only made it cuter.
Jack has really been loving the Hooked on Phonics DVDs we got. He can now point out a lot of letters and tell you the sounds they make. He also will sometimes tell you words that start with those sounds, like if he sees and E he will make and elephant sound. I was wearing my Diapers.com shirt the other day and he came up and pointed out the letter P and started make the sound. I was impressed. He seems kind of addicted to letters, which seems like a good addiction. Hopefully it will last.
He also enjoys reading. He will bring you a book and say "book, read". He reads to us a lot. He finishes the sentences of his favorite books. I keep trying to get good videos of this but he also loves the camera, so that usually distracts him.
Isabella is really enjoying preschool and her fine motor skills are getting much better. She is doing really well at tracing and coloring more within the lines. She is also loving her Phonics work.
On Thursday we had another date night courtesy of Dana. I met Nick downtown at The Brick, a cute dive that was featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. I had the Meatloaf sandwich and Nick had a bacon wrapped, beer battered hotdog. It was a fun little place and I thought my sandwich was divine. What was even more divine was the absence of our children!

So cute, Elizabeth. I think you guys make the cutest kids! B has that Pumpkin book and loves it too. Do you like the phonix material for Isabella? It looks really neat. Glad to see she's doing so well with it!
ReplyDelete