Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Explosion...Final days.

The final days we spent time at the house.  There were really big nearby wildfires and the smoke and particulates made it unsafe to spend much time outside.  We spent time indoors watching movies and playing. Mom was kind enough to offer Nick and I some time to go to a matinee.  It was nice to go to a movie.  We hadn't done that in so long. 

Mom and I spent some time shopping and Nick took the kids to Toys 'R Us for some indoor play time.  It was really crazy outside.

We picked up a coloring book and colored pencils and Isabella enjoyed coloring dinosaurs.  


Grandma got this super cute outfit for Isabella.  

 I also got to squeeze in a visit with my friend Mary from high school.  She lives in Newbern with her husband Courtney.  It was so nice to see her.  Thanks to Mom and Dad for watching the kids.

Jack enjoyed helping Grandpa make smoothies in the morning.

Grandpa worked on a birdhouse for the kids.  We didn't have time to paint it while we were there, but we painted it when we got home.

When we got home...



We had a great trip and our only complaint is that it was too short!  I absolutely love our trips to NC and I wish Nick had unlimited vacation time because I would love to spend a couple weeks there.

No comments:

Post a Comment