Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Weekend in Florida

Well, we had a more eventful weekend in Florida than we originally anticipated. We drove down to the Orlando area on Thursday evening to spend the weekend visiting with friends. When we got to our destination and pulled Isabella out of her seat, she was burning up. We gave her tylenol and put her to bed. The next morning she was still burning up and I figured it was either an ear infection or sinus infection. At a doctor's appt a couple weeks ago, the doctor told me that she had fluid on her ears and it could develop in to an infection to be on the lookout. We happened by a Walgreens Take Care clinic and luckily they treat children over 18 months. We went there and had no wait and they said she has two bad ear infections and a sinus infection. No wonder she felt so terrible. She woke up Saturday morning and threw up and Sunday morning was the same because she was so congested and they don't give children her age stuff for that, but luckily the Take Care clinic called to follow up Sunday night and they prescribed her a decongestant that has really helped. She has been taking her antibiotics since Friday and is finally starting to act like herself again.

We still had a great time despite Isabella being a bit under the weather. We got to see most of our friends and really enjoyed seeing the little ones: Gabriel, Charlotte and Carson. We went to Ms. Yentz's house and hung out in the park behind her house. The kids loved the Little Tykes playset and the fountain. Here are some pictures from our weekend.


Here is Lisa and Ben's son Gabriel:

Here is Paul and Meghan's daughter Charlotte:
Here is Charlotte knowing right where the camera is while Gabriel enjoys Isabella's book basket

In other news...Isabella is definitely growing everyday. She is starting to attempt more words and we are excited to see her trying that. She does funny things too like putting two pacifiers in her mouth at the same time. I was luckily able to get a picture of this. I also tried to just get a good picture of her yesterday when she was playing because I love her full ponytail in the back. It is adorable if I do say so myself. Katie and Gianna are coming to visit us today and we are very excited to have guests this week. I hope Isabella and Gianna are as happy to see each other as Katie and I are. We shall see. :)

She was enjoying riding her fropper around the house and playing with it in other creative ways. Here is our talented double pacifier baby:

2 comments:

  1. The binky thing kills me! LOL! :) How cute is she?! I can only imagine what she is doing because I see how Joselyn is acting now-a-days. Glad she is feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the double passy. She's too cute!

    ReplyDelete