Well I turned 30 this weekend on August 1st!

It turned out to be a more eventful weekend than planned. I had planned on having our friends Brad and Bridget and their son Nathan over for dinner on Saturday night and cake from Cold Stone Creamery, but Nick invited our good friends Ben and Lisa and their son Gabriel up from FL for the weekend as a surprise to me. I had absolutely no idea they were coming and at about 11pm on Friday night a car pulled in our driveway and I was a little concerned. I turned to Nick and said "a car just pulled up" and he said "Oh yeah that is Ben and Lisa. They came up for your birthday!" I said "But my pants aren't buttoned" (my pants had been feeling a little tight that evening) and he said "Well button them". What an exciting and unexpected surprise! I was so happy to see them and to have them here to celebrate my birthday! So our dinner on Saturday grew from 4 to 6 and we had the 3 little ones and it was a fabulous time. Nick made Shrimp and Grits and Fried Green Tomatoes (at my request) and we enjoyed the delicious cake. Nick also surprised me with a Garmin GPS which I love!! It is going to make exploring Atlanta so much easier for me. Next to the weather forecast, planning travel routes is my favorite thing to do, so I have had a fun time inputing everyone's address I know and figuring out how long it would take me to get there. Did you know we are only 11 hours from Dallas, TX? Who knew!!?? Now that I have my Garmin I may just show up unexpectedly on your doorstep.
Isabella helped me blow out my candles! It was fun to share my birthday with her.

Gabriel and Isabella had a great time together.



Also, I am 37 weeks pregnant and so for the sake of posterity I took a couple pictures this weekend. Unfortunately I am starting to swell in my face some and all over, but my face bugs me the most...luckily there are only a few short weeks left...or maybe if God is so kind he will come sooner!

The pics of the kids are so cute! I'm glad you all had such a good time! Wish we could have been there!
ReplyDeleteYou look a little swollen, but still gorgeous! What a beautiful belly! With an even more beautiful gift inside! I can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDeleteI hope he makes his arrival soon!
Love you!
Happy 30th! And you look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteYou look so great! I know you are anxious for Jack's arrival! Just hang in there, you'll be holding that precious baby soon!
ReplyDelete