Well Jack has been a busy boy lately. I can tell he is trying to meet all his milestones these days. He is trying to sit up on his own, although he is still a little wobbly.

He pushes up quite well

and he his working very hard on improving his cuteness...although that is very difficult since he is already so stinkin cute!

He is very good at rolling from his belly to his back but continues to struggle with getting all the way over from his back to his belly.

We also tried food recently...he didn't like it. I am going to try it again soon. We will see if he takes to it eventually. I think it would help if he was able to sit up better on his own.

Jack is also growing increasingly enamored with his big sister. As long as she is in view he is pretty happy and even happier if she talks to him or plays with him at all.



We have also recently made an important discovery. Jack wants to sleep on his back. I will admit he was sleeping on his tummy for some time because I was unable to get him to sleep any other way. Then when he started rolling he kept rolling from his belly to his back and waking up crying and then I would spend all night rolling him back over. Recently I realized if I just left him on his back he would snuggle his lovey and fall back to sleep...no wonder he was so mad, he just wanted to be left alone. He must have had a chat with the doctor when I wasn't looking and knew he was supposed to be "back to sleep."
We also discovered he would rather sleep in his pack n play than his crib. He slept pretty well in FL and then when we got back he slept terribly for two nights. He kept wiggling around in his crib and finding himself with his legs and arms outside the bars which made him less than happy. So after two nights of that we tried letting him sleep in his pack n play and he slept 13 hours the first night and 12 hours the second making it quite clear he would rather be there than in his crib. This works well for us since we are moving to Nonna and Pop Pop's house in three weeks. Jack has also shown that he really likes his "lovey" and puts himself back to sleep with it instead of using a pacifier. So we hope he will keep up this behavior and mommy and daddy will get a lot more sleep.




****The post after this one is also new.
I can't believe how big he's getting! So cute! That's great that he likes his pack n play so much! Hailey hates hers!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness how big he is getting and ADORABLE!!! :) I am so excited to have a new little one to watch all those firsts again! Especially with Mark :)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed catching up on his progress. I can't wait to see you guys this summer!!
ReplyDelete