Monday, June 28, 2010

Our Jersey City Adventure!

Well Saturday night we made it to our temporary Jersey City apartment. We will be here through the end of July. It is a beautiful apartment and it is so nice of our friends to offer it to us and to leave a lot of their things for us. We purchased a futon/couch off Craigslist and Nick picked that up on Sunday, so now we are pretty much all set.
The view from our living room window.



Isabella and Jack eating dinner (we still don't have a table). When I told Isabella it was time for dinner she said "But there's no table"Jack and Isabella had lots of fun playing with each other. That has started very recently and I love it! They laugh and play and make up games.
I think it has been a difficult adjustment for Isabella. She had really gotten used to being with Nonna and Pop-pop and I think she is still just a bit confused about the fact that daddy will be coming home to here each day. She spent a lot of yesterday telling us how she wanted to go home to Nonna and Pop-pop's. She would say "I want to go to Nonna and Pop-pop's and have fun." At one point I was trying to distract her so I said, "how about you decide. Let's do something fun. What do you want to do next?" Her response: "Go home" It didn't work. We were busy yesterday going grocery shopping and otherwise settling in but we took a walk along the water yesterday late afternoon and popped by a park.


Today after breakfast, the kids and I went out and walked around to get the lay of the land. We stopped by this little water area and of course Isabella wanted to play. I promised we would return later with swimsuits. Instead we headed over to a little park right by the apartment.


While Jack took his morning nap I made lunch and we walked down to Nick's work and had a picnic on this pier right outside of the building. We got to see one of my favorite people, Carolyn who is also working at Quidsi with the Soap.com part. Isabella loved her. Carolyn took her to her office and let her play with a remote control helicopter. She is now Isabella's favorite new friend.After lunch and a tour of the Quidsi offices Isabella said "Mommy, I am really tired after all that playing. I need to go lay down." Great idea, but I wanted to swing by the Elephant sprinklers as promised before nap time. So we did and Isabella forgot all about laying down.

Jack was in HEAVEN!! He absolutely loved crawling around in the sprinklers. He couldn't get his suit on fast enough.









Well after a long day we came back and I laid Jack down for a nap, which he is still taking at 5pm...so he was tired. Isabella watched a TV show and then I turned off the TV. This conversation ensued.

I: I want to watch more TV.
Me: Isabella I think you have watched enough TV. How about we go back outside and play in the Elephant sprinklers again?
I: No thank you mommy. I've played enough. I've had a long day. It is time to relax and watch TV.

That was so cute that of course she won and we are now watching Barney.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the videos! I hope Isabella is adjusting better now. It's so hard when they only kind of understand a big change! Hope to see our Jersey "neighbors" soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she said she was tired and needed to rest and watch tv. She's too cute for her own good.

    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The place looks great! I know y'all will really enjoy it, a nice change of pace. I can't believe how big Jack is getting - too cute in the fountains.

    ReplyDelete