Monday, June 13, 2011

Isabella's room makeover

We decided to finally paint Isabella's room.  We got the go ahead from our landlords and since I know Nick hates the whole process from start to finish I decided to do it during the week when he was at work. It think it was hard enough to convince him to buy the paint. ;-)  

This was what the room looked like before we started. We had taped it out at this point.


And after a couple coats of paint...






This past week Isabella was hard at work making butterflies to hang from her ceiling.  She made them with coffee filters, food coloring, and clothespins.  They turned out so cute and we hung them from the ceiling with thread.  Then Chris and Cristina came up this weekend and they made us some shelves made out of rain gutters.  Totally stole the fantastic idea that they featured on their blog recently. :)  Uncle Chris also helped hang Isabella's name over her bed.  Here is the finished product.





A vast improvement!!

2 comments:

  1. This is very cute! I love that Isabella made the butterflies. I have got to get some of those rain gutter book shelves!

    ReplyDelete