Tuesday she was pretty much the same but went down for her nap for about an hour which was better than nothing. Wednesday...nothing! She refused to nap, but was in a great mood and was relentless in her pursuit of knowledge. She brought me book after book and we literally read every one of her books at least twice. I attempted to put her down for a nap 3 times and no dice. So we read and read and then went and bought a new book because I needed a change of scenery. Then bedtime came and she did not want to have anything to do with that either.
Thursday was pretty much the same although we left in the morning hours to return something to a store and she fell asleep in the car. I was able to transfer her to her stroller and she slept for about 30 minutes, then in the afternoon (around 2:45) I tried to put her down for a nap and she resisted with all she had. I held her tight in the rocker until she gave up and started to fall asleep. I laid her down thinking she would only nap 20 minutes or so and she took a 2 hour nap! Boy that baby was tired! Last night was another struggle to get her to go to bed. I was fortunately not here for it. I went out to see The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 and left Nick to put Isabella down. He said it took until 8:25 to get her to bed after going in 3 separate times and laying her back down. She just kept standing up and screaming. We think it is a combination of things that is making her so difficult...developmental strides and a separation anxiety. She hasn't really gone through the separation thing until now, but she does not like to be left alone in her crib, and with her hunger for reading and reading...I feel like she is trying to process things and learn them. She has been focusing on her physical development for so long and I think she is finally starting to work on some other things.
I just put her down for a nap today. There was a little resistance, but not as bad as it has been. We will see how long she naps though. I tell you what...just when you think you know what to expect from her she changes it all up. It is kind of frustrating but at least it keeps things new and exciting.
Today she is all about climbing on to things and getting in to everything she can. See below for example. Making loading the dishwasher a bit more challenging.
Well look at her being a little helper :)
ReplyDelete