Friday, August 1, 2008

Half the work out, Half the pain

So today was my trial day at the gym and I tried out the Body Pump class. Isabella was in the gym's nursery and all was well. I started out with only 2 extra lbs on my bar since it was an hour long class I wasn't sure how I would hold up. About half way through I think I hear my darling daughter screaming her head off. I go in to see what is up and she has been crying for about 10 minutes. I try to figure out what has set this off since she is normally pretty good without me as long as she is being entertained by someone. While I am in there another lady who works there walks in and says something to the woman who is watching Isabella and then leaves. The minute she leaves Isabella starts crying again. It occurs to me...I ask her if this lady had come and gone before and she said yes and that was right when Isabella started screaming before. I explained to her that Isabella has this thing with people leaving...not just her mom and dad as most children do but Isabella has separation anxiety from anyone and more especially someone she doesn't know and has never met. So I ask if she can just take Isabella to the door to say "bye-bye" if anyone comes and goes and from then on she was fine. So I missed a lot of the arm workout and got back just in time for abs and a cool down. So the good news is that I am in half the amount of pain I would have been had I stayed for the whole workout. So I guess maybe Isabella did me a favor. I think I am going to join the gym on Monday. I really loved the class and I think it will be a great way to get in shape again (which I desperately need to do).

After Nick got home from work we tried to go out for dinner at Gabe's Downtown in Villa Rica. It is a great little restaurant we discovered last week. The problem was that we had limited time because of Isabella's bed time and there were lots of people sitting outside waiting for a table, so we bailed and went to the Japanese Hibachi place near our house. It was really good. Then we came home and put Isabella to bed and Nick sang me happy birthday and I blew out the candles on my cake. It was delicious.

Then I opened my gift...yippee...a new iPod. Mine was lost in the move so I am so excited to get a new one. So all in all...a good birthday. It will continue tomorrow though with sleeping in and some shopping on my own. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Weee. Whohoo....I have now commented on my first blog. Wierd. I wish i was around to eat that nemo cake....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a nice birthday. Crazy day for me...but now baby Leah shares your birthday with you :)

    ReplyDelete