Friday, September 12, 2008

"Going to Carolina" and got "Georgia on my mind"



Well I am back from North Carolina after visiting my family and my new nephew David. It was nice to see my brother and his wife Cristina and of course I loved visiting with my dad and mom. My dad was laid up after falling from a tree a few weeks ago and severely injuring himself. It was kind of nice that he was in this shape because I think we spent more time together than we have in a long time. Since he was hurt, he wasn't able to get up and run off to do a million different things. It slowed him down and Isabella and I were both able to enjoy his company! I do wish he wasn't in pain but the upside was we really got to spend time with him. Isabella absolutely loved climbing up in grandpa's chair with him.

We ended up leaving NC on Wednesday after Isabella and I both woke up feeling under the weather. I hope it was something new and not just a matter of Isabella and I giving the same thing back and forth to each other. We tried to get out of Cristina's house and away from baby David as soon as possible. Unfortunately we also decided not to stop by Cindy's to see her and Cade. We definitely didn't want to get anyone sick. We will have to stop by the next time we head home to the coast. We were definitely ready to get home though after 6 days away. I missed having Nick around and I think Isabella definitely missed her daddy. I can say for sure that I never want to be a single mom. It is a tough job! Even though Nick gets home only about an hour before Isabella goes to bed, it sure makes a difference to get relieved at the end of the day. So we are back in Georgia and happy to be home.

A few pictures: Isabella checking out the baby; Chris with his son; She was more interested in his toys than him

No comments:

Post a Comment