Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Reintjes is born!

On August 31st at 9:41pm my little nephew David entered the world at Camp Lejeune Naval Hospital. He was born on the same base that I was 29 years ago. He was 8lbs 9.5 oz. He is super cute...if I do say so myself, as a proud aunt.


He is the son of my brother Christopher and my sister-in-law Cristina. He was born the day after Christopher's birthday and on the birthday of his Uncle Mike (my sister Kate's husband). We have a lot of summer birthdays in our family! It has been 9 years since a boy was born in our family so it is fun to have all the boy stuff again. I think we have all enjoyed helping Cristina prepare for his arrival and buying all the blue stuff instead of the pink. I am hoping to go visit soon but I developed a sore throat yesterday and now there is some hurricane possibly heading towards the east coast so I am going to wait and see how those 2 things develop. I certainly don't want to get a newborn sick and I don't want to drive in to a hurricane zone.

With his proud grandma (my mom).


1 comment: