Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Our trip to Virginia...Gianna turns 1!

Well it has been a while since I updated everyone so we are going to do two in one day! I know...hold on to your freakin hats!

Enjoying a quiet moment together watching "Super Why?"

Isabella and I flew to Virginia on Tuesday and spent the week with Katie and Gianna. We had a great time until Friday when Isabella and I both had our turn with the stomach flu that made its rounds while we were there. Wednesday morning Gianna woke up and had thrown up in her crib and we didn't think too much of it except maybe she had a little upset stomach because she seemed otherwise normal, except for having a little less interest in food and milk. Thursday night Katie starting feeling sick and threw up and I figured at that point that it was only a matter of time before we got sick. The next morning Isabella threw up and then I started feeling sick shortly thereafter and was throwing up later that day. It was a crazy virus that wiped out the adults and the kids didn't seem too affected. Other than all that craziness, which Nick eventually got and so did Katie's dad, we had a great time.
Playing in Gianna's house

With Uncle Doug, Aunt Katie, and Gianna (post nap)


On Wednesday we went to the National Zoo and enjoyed watching the elephants get a bath and the girls especially enjoyed the small mammal house.
Isabella watching the Meerkats

Isabella and I got to go with Katie and Gianna to Kindermusik on Thursday morning and we had a great time. Isabella starts her own Kindermusik class tomorrow. We are really looking forward to that. But mostly our trip was just about spending time together and hanging out which we were able to do. Doug was on business one night so we had a girls night and watched CW girly TV and had a glass of wine and chocolate cake. It was great! We really miss them and I am always sad to have to say goodbye. Katie has become such a great friend and I love letting the girls get together. I am sure it will only be more fun as the girls get older and appreciate each other's company more. Nick joined us on Friday night (where he contracted the evil illness and later became sick on the plane flight home on Sunday).

We celebrated Gianna's birthday on Saturday at Katie's parents house. It was a great time and we were so happy to be there to see Gianna eat her first piece of cake and blow out her first candle. I can't even believe it has been a year since she was born. In some ways it feels like just the other day and in other ways it seems so long ago. I look forward to sharing many more birthdays and events in the future.

The party begins

Isabella was enjoying Gianna's baby stroller
Blowing out the candles on the cake
Look at Gianna's wide eyes...so cute!

Gianna playing with her new toy
Gianna opening presents with mommy

We also got to spend time with Nonna and Pop-pop (Nick's parents) and Aunt Jenn, which was great fun. Isabella really loves both her sets of grandparents. She is so lucky to have 4 great people. It is fun to watch her relationship develop with each grandparent differently. We had a great time and we can't wait to see everyone again when we meet in NC for Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have seen ya! Things were crazy around here though that is for sure. Amanda was here with the babies. Phew. Love ya and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! Thanks for the kind words! We miss you girls...and Nick. Can't wait till Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete