Isabella is going to be a bumblebee for Halloween. Here is a little preview of just how adorable she is going to be. We also picked up black tights and a black long sleeve shirt in case it is chilly.
On another note, I am finally at peace for the first time since all this fertility stuff started. I think in making the difficult decision to choose "life" in the larger sense over my own desire to have another life inside me I have found peace. In doing that I had to decide that it truly is God's job to create life and my role is to assist Him should he choose to create another life in our family. It is not my job to create life and find a way no matter what the cost, as would be the case if we proceeded with IVF. I decided that I truly do have faith, something I think I only talked about before this challenge faced us. I have faith that God will take care of me and my family. That may mean that we will get pregnant again and have another healthy baby or it may mean that we will adopt another child in the future. Whatever happens, I know that we will be taken care of. You all know that one of the things I am not so good about is reading the Bible, something I hope to get better at. But yesterday I spoke with someone who mentioned a book of the Bible and how it spoke to what I was talking about. I read it and this is what I found and I guess this explains my peace.
Romans 5:1-5 "Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access [by faith] to this grace in which we stand, and we boast in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we even boast of our afflictions, knowing that affliction produces endurance, and endurance, proven character, and proven character, hope, and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the holy Spirit that has been given to us."
I say Amen to that. For one of the first times in my life, I stand facing adversity and know that the world is as it should be in this moment as I stand in the grace that God has given me. Thank you all for your prayers. I know that they really helped us and continue to bring us grace.
Oh, and isn't our bee just too cute? :)
The Bee is cute and Romans 5 is one of my favorites =)
ReplyDeleteHi Elizabeth!
ReplyDeleteYes, Isabella is a super cute bee! What an adorable costume and precious little girl! Just started reading some of your blog. Thanks for sharing your thoughts--I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Check out this blog if you get a chance (it's from one of my close friends). www.bevinsfamily.blogspot.com
Thinking of you! xx
I'm glad to know you are at peace with everything. It's a difficult thing to find sometimes. I love the verse. I love the bee!!
ReplyDeleteLove Ya!