Friday, October 3, 2008

Some days you just have to veg

Today was a tough day for both me and Isabella. It all started with an earlier than usual morning when Isabella woke up at 6:30ish, this makes her crankier in general. We were off to the gym around 9 but before that I was checking Facebook and email and I happened upon a Facebook friend who had her first baby around the same time as I had Isabella. When the babies were just a couple months old we both said how much wanted a second baby as soon as we could. I saw that she had her second baby in the last week or so. It made me really sad. I felt like my heart sank in to my feet. I realize that her life has no bearing on mine and vice versa, but I guess I felt as though it gave me a window in to what my life could have been if our first pregnancy after Isabella had been successful. I have been thinking a lot about that baby recently anyway, since I would have been due at the end of this month. It just made me sad. I go to the doctor on Tuesday to see what the results of our blood work are. I just have a feeling they aren't going to find anything. They say that they find something only 50% of the time otherwise it is just unexplained. I really want them to find something. If they find something it is usually easy to correct, but Nick and I both just feel like they aren't going to find anything. We will see though.

Anyway...so I actually did go to the gym despite that revelation taking the wind out of my workout sails. Isabella did pretty good but I forgot her pacifier and she needed it towards the end so I managed to get through the whole workout, just not the stretching at the end. We came home and Isabella just seemed cranky, tired and out of sorts. I turned on Little Einsteins (her favorite and only show) and she vegged out on our bed while I got ready for the day.

A couple hours later of muddling through and it was nap time. She went down after a couple minutes of crying in her crib. After about 35-40 minutes she woke up screaming. I went in and gave her her pacifier and she laid back down for about 2 minutes before crying again. She was super drooly and snotty which was making it difficult for her to sleep comfortably. I discovered that she has another tooth coming through on the top right further back. This may be the reason for her foul mood. I tried to get her back to sleep and then let her cry for a little while before giving up on the nap and bringing her in to my bedroom to sit in bed and watch Little Einsteins again. It is the only thing that will stop her screaming when she is really upset. Then we went downstairs to play and again she just fussed and cried. I sat her on the couch and told her I would turn on Little Einsteins. She immediately stopped crying and starting doing little laughs.
So we are currently watching our 4th or 5th installment of Little Einsteins for the day. Yippee! I guess some days you just need to veg out and watch your favorite show... or these days my baby's favorite show will do.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could be close and we could have Panera and talk :) But know what ya mean about the movies. I think the kids and I are going to have one of those days tomorrow... Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gianna wore this outfit yesterday! Bella looks so cute when she veges. Gianna now loves Little Einsteins as well!

    ReplyDelete