Anyway, we are starting, but we are going to wait to get too serious about it until I am feeling 100% better. I have had a cold and worry that I may have a sinus infection now. Well here is a picture of Isabella sitting on her potty. She is awfully cute, but she definitely doesn't like to stop what she is doing to sit still.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Potty training begins!
So we have started potty training. This word is loosely used because mostly what we are doing right now is just getting Isabella accustomed to the potty and sitting on it and being able to go to it when we sign it using sign language. She knows all her signs so we just have to get her to start recognizing that it is fun to go on the potty. I read some stuff about potty training and learned that in the 1960s most children were potty trained by 18 months with all children but a few potty trained by 2. With the advent of the washing machine, more parents starting pushing it back for convenience. When disposable diapers came along diaper companies did a good job of getting pediatricians to agree that parents should wait until the children are "ready." I agree with the camp that says that potty training is just about familiarizing a child with what we all do. It is much like bathing a child. They don't always like it but we start from a very young age bathing them daily. They may go through times when they hate it but parents just continue to do and try to make it fun for them, helping them to recognize that it is just a part of life. No one would think it cruel to bath a child against their wishes, but many parents do think it is cruel to potty train too early.
Anyway, we are starting, but we are going to wait to get too serious about it until I am feeling 100% better. I have had a cold and worry that I may have a sinus infection now. Well here is a picture of Isabella sitting on her potty. She is awfully cute, but she definitely doesn't like to stop what she is doing to sit still.
Anyway, we are starting, but we are going to wait to get too serious about it until I am feeling 100% better. I have had a cold and worry that I may have a sinus infection now. Well here is a picture of Isabella sitting on her potty. She is awfully cute, but she definitely doesn't like to stop what she is doing to sit still.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment