On to Isabella, the precious little girl I do have at home. She is so busy climbing up and into anything she can find. Here are a few pictures of the things she has climbed on or into in the last week.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Sometimes we don't get what we want....when we want
It is something we all learned at a very young age. I try to teach it to Isabella every day, sometimes several times a day. Just because that is what you want, doesn't mean that is what you get. I tell her that in an endless loop sometimes. I wonder if I shouldn't remind myself of the same thing. As adults I guess we get used to getting what we want when we want. We have more power to do it for ourselves so we are told less often that we can't. We are also taught that we can do anything if we put our minds to it and work hard. Unfortunately, when it comes to conception and pregnancy it doesn't have too much to do with hard work and "putting our minds to it." I wish that was all it took. I have had to come to grips with the fact that for whatever reason I am not pregnant right now with one of the three babies I have recently lost. It is difficult to deal with not being able to have something right now that I want so badly, but I am trying to believe that God is just telling me "Not now" and not "Never." I am trying to have faith that the doctors will be able to help me and that when we do get our second baby it will feel like it was just how it was meant to be. I am also trying to believe that maybe God's place in all this is just to be there to support Nick and I as we deal with the loss and the sadness and the frustration with the process of all the doctors and such. It is hard for me to figure out where God is in the losses so I have decided to think of God as my Father who is mourning the losses with me and is taking good care of the precious souls that have been taken from me to heaven. If they are anything like Isabella....they are a handful. :)
On to Isabella, the precious little girl I do have at home. She is so busy climbing up and into anything she can find. Here are a few pictures of the things she has climbed on or into in the last week.


On to Isabella, the precious little girl I do have at home. She is so busy climbing up and into anything she can find. Here are a few pictures of the things she has climbed on or into in the last week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am praying for you first of all. And second HOW ADORABLE IS SHE!!?? She must have been pretty tasty :)
ReplyDelete