Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Half Birthday Isabella

We celebrated Isabella turning 3 and a half on Monday. She actually turned 3.5 on Sunday but she was still pretty under the weather so we waited a day. On Monday her Nonna and Pop-pop stopped through on their way from Binghamton to VA. They were here to sing her "Happy Half Birthday" (a very well known song). I decided to celebrate the half birthday's each year with a cake and a book for a gift. I figure why not? It is just a fun thing to do and make an otherwise ordinary day special. Notice our 3 and a half candles. I actually cut a candle in half and then when I was putting them in I realized I could have just pushed it in more...he he! Clearly I need a cake plate, but this pasta bowl did the job well enough. This was the night she passed out from exhaustion. She seemed to be feeling a lot better on Monday, she didn't have a fever, but she still wasn't eating normally, only had a little bit of her slice of cake and then as soon as Nonna and Pop-pop left, she fell asleep. Also, Pop-pop offered to take her sledding outside and she turned him down...that would be unheard of from an Isabella Rose who was feeling 100%





1 comment:

  1. I read through all your new posts. I enjoyed catching up. I'm sad we didn't get to see Julia and the kids this trip.

    I'm glad Isabella is feeling better.

    Jack does look big, he also looks as though he is thinner, too.

    ReplyDelete