Monday, April 11, 2011

The De Angelo Baxter Wedding


Aunt Jenn got married on April 9th to Steve Baxter.  She is officially Jennifer Baxter!!  We enjoyed being able to share the special day with the happy couple.  Isabella had a great time!  She was a flower girl in the wedding, along with her cousin Gianna.  They looked adorable together.   


 Aunt Jenn gave Isabella and Gianna these adorable bride and groom rubber ducks to play with. Of course Isabella loved them!



I think the bride is like a magnet to little kids, especially little girls.  Isabella was so excited and kept wanting to hug and kiss Aunt Jenny. 


Aunt Jenn gave the girls their tiaras for the wedding day.  
Of course Isabella wanted to try it on right away...

The rehearsal dinner was awesome!  It was relaxing since we didn't have our kids with us...Nick's cousins took care of putting our kids to bed for us back at Nonna and Pop-pop's house.  The only person we are missing here is the groom.  Wish we had grabbed Steve for this one!


Saturday morning, Jenn had women come to her bridal suite to do our hair and makeup.  The girls got their hair done too.  Isabella did great and she looked beautiful when they were done.  She kept busy putting bobby pins on the tiara.


 After getting a little "sparkle" on her face.

 The girls helped Nonna tie the rings on the pillow for the ceremony.


 The kids were both adorable!!


 After the ceremony it was off to the reception.  The kids got out some energy...that was much needed.  They ran up and down the long hall in the reception hall.

 The father and mother of the bride


Isabella was dancing like crazy...

Then around 8:30 Isabella started getting really tired.  She was up early as if it was Christmas morning so after a full day she was really worn out.
 I took Isabella to the bathroom and we took a minute in the sitting room to regroup.  She was getting really tired, but didn't want to leave and go back to Nonna and Pop-pop's and the babysitter.

We went back out to the dance floor, but Isabella said the music was hurting her ears.  She danced one last dance with Aunt Kimmy.
 Kim and I had a great time together.  It was a little more stressful for me than most weddings because we had the kids with us and had to coordinate Jack being shuttled from here to there.  Luckily Nick's cousin Santino took good care of Jack for us and managed to get him to and from the wedding for us.  Then I left the reception before dinner started and took Jack home and put him to bed and met the babysitter there.

 When I took Jack home I grabbed a pair of pjs for Isabella.  I convinced her with the help of Kim to put them on.  She didn't want to take off her pretty dress.  It only took a few minutes for Isabella to fall asleep across these two chairs.  Then since I am a worrier, I spent the rest of the night with my eyes on her worrying she would fall off the chairs. :)
 I still managed to get some good dancing in and we were happy to celebrate such a special day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a beautiful wedding! You and Bella look so beautiful! She was a doll with her hair done up like that!

    ReplyDelete