Here is an article that my sister Kate forwarded to me. I think it is well written and can help others understand what emotions are associated with the secondary infertility that Nick and I are dealing with. My sister is wanting #4 and we are wanting #2 but I think the feelings and emotions are pretty similar no matter how many children you have. While some don't understand why you would be upset if you couldn't have 4 or 5 kids I think that is often because they would be satisfied with 2 or 3 so it is hard for them to understand why someone would be so upset at not being able to have more. I think to really understand you need to think of how you would feel if you could not have your ideal. Each of us is different and if you really have always wanted just 2 kids and you found yourself not being able to have #2 you would probably feel devastated. But if you have always wanted 5 kids and you can't have #5 you feel devastated as well because you have lost what you have always wanted and thought was possible.
Well I am kind of rambling but sometimes we just need a little ramble to deal with our thoughts. I have my saline sonogram today and Isabella is sick with a sinus infection and high fever so my friend Sarah can't watch her so Nick is going to have to take some time off work to entertain Isabella since we can't bring her to the doctor. I wish we had our family around.
Here is a video to show you why I still have a smile on my face no matter what life throws our way...
We really enjoyed your little video o Bella. The kids played it again and again. Even Mike was laughing. It was really cute!
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Kate